Monday 11 February 2013

Brains ALWAYS lie behind the beauty of the fashion industry.

As a fashion graduate from Southampton Solent University, I achieved a 2:1 BA Hons degree in Writing, Fashion and Culture, after three years of dressing to impress, reading, writing, styling and researching I now have the necessary material to launch a blog and website dedicated to developing a career doing something I love.


The site is intended to create an online CV and portfolio, sharing my interests and creating a platform for fashion. It’s far from pretentious and is for those who like me understand that a career in fashion doesn’t come from just looking good but from hard work and dedication. This blog is to be appreciated by those who understand it’s not as glamorous as it sounds, and that brains always lie behind the beauty of the fashion industry.

When I arrived at university, everybody had a blog, started a blog or said they had a blog even if they didn't, and the truth is I just didn't have one. Of course I had hobbies, interests and amongst it all an obsession with fashion which would influence an upload of images showing off new purchases onto a social network, but I was just getting started. 

Now after 3 years of writing and researching fashion, I finally thought now this is the time to start a blog. I believe it has to be meaningful, it has to be the right time, and it has to be honest. There’s no point just writing about fashion because you think it's ‘cool’. It’s important to show your own material and a genuine interest and knowledge of the fashion industry. That's what a blog's about right?The blog will focus on fashion, beauty, shopping, love, relationships and money... all the things that seems to make us happy but teach us that love is nothing more than the art of making exceptions (Something I read in an issue of Harpers Bazaar)

No comments:

Post a Comment