Wednesday 20 November 2013

New Knitwear

It's that time of year again, to start bulking out the winter wardrobe with some statement knitwear and this is exactly what I have been doing! 

Although it's cold outside, you forget your umbrella so your hair gets wet and there's the risk of face planting the floor due to black ice... For fashion winter is amongst our favourite season! 

With the opportunity to indulge in layer upon layer of pastel shade jumpers over sheer strong collared shirts with the excuse that it's just to keep us warm (Ignoring the fact it's the hottest trend of the season and it's equally as comfortable) it's hard not to fall in love with laying during the most fashionable season! 

Here are two of my favourite pieces i've picked up from this seasons selection of knitwear on our very own high-street.

Fresh Mint

This fresh mint jumper is probably my best find this season, not only is it bang trend but because of it's pastel colouring its also a great transitional piece that I can wear right through till spring next year - The candy colour theme was so popular again this year that I'm sure it'll be in the fashion forecast for SS14.

Dress up this beautiful mint green jumper with a jewelled neckpiece. Mint Green jumper; Primark £8.00 OTT necklace; River Island £15.00. Image: Bloggers own.

So while I wasn't really out shopping for a new jumper - But we never are we? I couldn't resist purchasing this one at the unbelievable price of just £8.00 from the bargain fashion store Primark. It almost feels like i've got it in a prestigious 75 percent off sale but i haven't - it really was under a tenner!

Wear this pastel knit over a sharp white shirt for a more tailored look. Sheer white shirt; Primark £9.00
  
Fuchsia Pink

Again this jumper is a great transitional piece for those difficult in between season periods where it looks warm outside but it's really not.I was draw in by the colour but the weight and woven knit detail of this piece is as equally amazing. Although a bit more expensive this jumper has already been worn and worn and worn again but is still in great condition, unlike some knitwear which becomes unwearable after just a few washes! I purchased this Knitted Mix Stitch Jumper from everybody's favourite high-street store Topshop for £38.00. 

Knitted Mix Stitch Jumper; Topshop £38.00

It's undoubtable that Topshop has the BEST range of the seasons most popular colour with a collection of cropped knits, PVC pastels, and cute mini skirts in every shade of pink imaginable. 

Screenshot of just some of the 'pink' knitwear collection at Topshop. Image; Topshop.com

I earlier touched on layering your knitted key pieces and this is something I have been doing a lot, i love throwing my faux fur and knit mix gilet on over this bright statement colour jumper for a fashionable day look - I also add an oversized hat for glamour and I think my friend beautiful baby pug goes well with it too, his name is Arnie and he is such a fashionista already and the star of my friend and hairdressers blog. 

Wearing my fuchsia pink knit with a smart white shirt, black gilet and oversized hat.

Words: Nathalie Dawe

No comments:

Post a Comment