Friday 14 March 2014

Every Little Helps...

So everybody is familiar with the slogan 'Every little helps...' and to which supermarket it belongs, but even I never took the expression that literally, until I discovered the great. range of clothing being created by Florence and Fred for Tesco. 

I got so many complements about two dresses I wore to work this week both of which I picked up while helping the mother do our weekly shop. Although I love it when other people love what I buy as much as I do. I didn't expect to get so many lovely comments from my work colleagues the first few were flattering and I accepted them gracefully with a thank you, but as the day went on and the compliments continued I couldn't help but feel slightly embarrassed by the attention I was recieving so instead of a thank you I was letting out a nervous laughter at the shock on their faces when I told them it was just something I picked up from Tesco.

So here's a run down of the great items I picked up with my Sunday lunch essentials this weekend. 


Sheer Pink Dress

F&F Organza Insert Crepe Dress - £20.00. Images: http://www.clothingattesco.com
























Pastels are possibly the biggest trend for SS14. This feminine dress combines two key trends with it's sheer panelling and colour palette. The cap sleeves make it smart enough for work but versatile enough to take you from day to night. 


Cobalt Blue Shift

F&F Crepe 3/4 Length Sleeve Tunic - £22.00. Images: http://www.clothingattesco.com
























Cute Sleeve Details. Image: http://www.clothingattesco.com

































In contrast to the pastel colour palette, bold and bright block colour depicts another key trend for SS14. This Cobalt Blue Tunic Dress is softened with a cute around the sleeves and an asymmetric hem line with side slits for a subtle sexiness.


The Monochrome Midi

F&F Monochrome Check Pencil Skirt - £18.00. Images: http://www.clothingattesco.com



























This monochrome midi uses a checkered print to give a wardrobe essential a SS14 update, the midi-length indicates a key silhouette for the new season and is great for creating stylish office looks.


The Limited Edition

F&F Limited Long Line Jacket - £40.00. Images: http://www.clothingattesco.com
























This is my favourite piece from the collection as it is so versatile. A tailored jacket can instantly transform a pair of skinny jeans for a casual but smart look, and is the perfect addition to workwear during the transition between spring and summer. Throw over a business dress or team with a pair of tapered trousers to create a chic silhouette. 

So guys this may not be fitting in with my usual fashion posts but it's a great little discovery that i hope you'll all embrace. 


Words Nathalie Dawe

No comments:

Post a Comment